Monday, September 19, 2022

Drifting Rudderless

Today I was adamant with myself that I needed to go for a drive to the lake. I had a specific place in mind, but I wasn't sure if I would find it again so easily. 

Fortunately, I found it just fine.

Where the Maumee River meets Lake Erie. Photo by author, September 19, 2022.

It wasn't just about lake time, though. Today was about finding a new way to anchor my ambition and career goals. Wandering through blue space helps me gain insight and clarity. 

The reality is that I am feeling boxed in with few opportunities. Since I am not yet ready to move to a new city, I need to find ways to throw out a few grappling hooks (so to speak) into my cities of interest to find remote work opportunities.

As I was driving through Toledo (and before I got lost in the north neighborhoods) I remembered there was a newspaper and magazine publisher I had done some writing work for years ago that is based there. I think maybe it is time for me to pick that back up and see where it might go...

In the meantime, I shall plod on with my myriad blogs and mixed media as a labor of love.


Sunset over Lake Erie with West Sister Island in the distance. Photo by author, September 19, 2022.

© Dawn Nelson, 2022.